VP – Manufacturing
Fisker Inc. is a design led pioneering mobility technology company researching, developing and producing next generation electrically powered vehicles. As the electrification revolution begins to infiltrate the automotive industry, Fisker are focused on delivering advanced smart solutions across the electrification ecosystem from charging, to battery technology, powertrain and connected vehicle functionality. Strong product design is at our core where distinctive emotional yet cost effective style meet the latest in cutting edge technology.
As Fisker returns to market, manufacturing operations need to be established to support the global distribution of its new products from bases both in the United States and overseas. Establishment of world class manufacturing operations to support the build of products ranging from low volume niche high end vehicles to premium high-volume mass-market offerings demand a flexible skill set and broad range of experience and know how to deploy and execute effectively.
- Holistic manufacturing and logistics facility’s and system’s oversite.
- Strategic, planning, evaluation and selection.
- Development and implementation of new systems, policies, and procedures.
- Investment planning and budget management: Cap Ex & Op Ex.
- Plant facility and tool manufacturing engineering.
- Equipment and tooling selection, deployment, project & supplier management.
- Manufacturing & Logistics control systems, IT.
- JIT (Just In Time) supplier development and integration.
- OEM Partner liaison and integration interface.
- Technology research, evaluation and recommendation.
- Program gateway delivery and reporting.
- Work force planning, Recruitment, Training and people development.
- UAW /equivalent union and local government liaison.
- At volume Rate capability, Right First Time, Quality output & Warranty.
- ISO16949 Automotive Quality and 14001 Environmental Management Systems Compliance.
- Ensure that operations and production are carried out in an ethical, responsible manner.
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Qualified Six Sigma Black Belt / Lean trained.
- Min 15 years in the automotive industry.
- Min 3 years in a similar or equivalent role at an OEM.
- Experience in the procurement and build out of manufacturing facilities from Green Field sites.
- Experience in the acquisition and re-purposing of existing automotive manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in the integration of CKD (Complete Knock Down) kits in to products from 3rd Party OEM’s.
- Experience in liaising with UAW / equivalent union groups and local government.
- Experience in leading collaborative teams towards achievement of both department and wider business goals.
- Knowledge of ANSI/ISA-95 Enterprise Control System Integration.
- Knowledge of ERP, MRP, MES, MOM systems and suppliers.
- Knowledge of vehicle development processes, milestones and deliverables.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competences
- MBA master’s in business and Administration
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business from shop floor to senior leadership.
- Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way.
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
- A Passion for the industry: Enthusiasm for adopting new technologies and invocation that improve products and productivity.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends where needed to meet deadlines and company goals.
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.