Chief Engineer – Vehicle Engineering
Fisker Inc. is a design led pioneering mobility technology company researching, developing and producing next generation electrically powered vehicles. As the electrification revolution begins to infiltrate the automotive industry, Fisker are focused on delivering advanced smart solutions across the electrification ecosystem from charging, to battery technology, powertrain and connected vehicle functionality. Strong product design is at our core where distinctive emotional yet cost effective style meet the latest in cutting edge technology.
- Responsible for Technical Excellence for Vehicle Engineering domain.
- Technology development.
- Accountability for Gateway delivery to programme.
- Custodian of component/system best practice and performance delivery.
- Recruitment and manning vs. programme needs.
- IT skilling, IT strategy for Centre of Competence specific tools.
- Innovation strategy.
- Investment planning for equipment and facilities.
You will provide overall leadership and coordination for all Vehicle Engineering activities, including but not limited to establishing Attribute Teams, Virtual and Physical Verification Teams and all associated Prototype Operations including rig and whole vehicle build and fleet management and associated processes and interfaces. Managing direct reports, planning project delivery and reporting on progress. Ensuring on time delivery and working to the highest standards possible. This will involve working across technical specialities, adopting new processes and acting as the main point of contact for your specialist area. Technical and managerial ownership is expected for the following work streams:
- Own commodity maturation tracker – report out at Gateway.
- Own Vehicle Technical Specification brochure – lead development of vehicle attribute targets.
- Own Vehicle Weight brochure.
- Sign off Design Solution entitlement versus target in conjunction with Vehicle Architecture Manager – Virtual Series.
- Arbitrate between cost, timing and attribute tradeoffs.
- Run Data Judgement events – including sign-off on DFMEAs, P Diagrams, Boundary Diagrams etc.
- Lead Vehicle Sign Of events.
- Own Design Verification Plan at Vehicle level and sign off all component level DVPs.
Development and implementation of business plans, technology and R&D plans to deliver balanced introduction of new technology.
Management and coordination of the project technical team to ensure products are delivered at a cost, quality and time appropriate for the application.
Setting KPIs for each area of your responsibility and reviewing performance with contacts.
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Proven track record of leadership within Vehicle Engineering domain including:
- Vehicle Target setting
- Delivering Final data Judgement and Final Engineering Confirmation events
- Managing Attribute Teams
- Vehicle Performance
- Test & Validation and Prototype Operations, including Homologation.
- Advance Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable understanding of whole vehicle engineering.
- Broad understanding of various OEM Vehicle New Product Introduction NPI processes.
- Good understanding of BoM processes – Commodity Planning, ETRS.
- Demonstrable understanding of the cascade of Performance, Weight, Functional, Cost & Quality Targets.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Recognized qualification related to your domain (preferably degree level or above).
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competences
- Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way.
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends where needed to meet deadlines and company goals.
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.