Director – CAx Methods and Tools
Fisker Inc. is a design led pioneering mobility technology company researching, developing and producing next generation electrically powered vehicles. As the electrification revolution begins to infiltrate the automotive industry, Fisker are focused on delivering advanced smart solutions across the electrification ecosystem from charging, to battery technology, powertrain and connected vehicle functionality. Strong product design is at our core where distinctive emotional yet cost effective style meet the latest in cutting edge technology.
- Responsible for Technical Excellence for CAx Methods and Tools domain.
- Technology development.
- Custodian of methods and tools best practice and performance delivery.
- Recruitment and manning vs. business needs.
- IT skilling, IT strategy for all business CAx Methods, Tools and Processes.
- Innovation strategy.
- Investment planning for equipment and facilities.
- Provide overall leadership and coordination for all CAx Methods and Tools activities.
- Develop NPI (New Product Introduction) framework. Take ownership of selected NPI processes to support BoM, Digital Mock-Up (DMU) etc.
- Develop a “core data creation” process aligned to NPI which supports the concept of vehicle integration / engineering controlling the compatibility of attributes through CAx methodologies; these include knowledge-based-engineering and key architecture models.
- Responsible for building capability through people, tools and process to support engineers in the Product creation Process (PCP).
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to SVP Engineering and CTO to maintain C level awareness of developments within the industry and ensure appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives.
- Working with legal teams and key stakeholders to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and other regulations related to the Centre of Competence.
- Own Centre of Competence budget planning activities.
- Own the quality framework that ensures CAx data is constructed to approved best practice and released with full compliance to Fisker defined standards (NPI).
- Process leadership for engineering change management, technical issues management, CAx data management, configuration management.
- Support requirements gathering for internal knowledge management and integrated project management toolkit.
- Develop in-house project scaling, cost building tools for vehicle programme planning
- Set KPIs for each area of your responsibility.
- Performance Management, resource planning and succession planning working closely with HR/Talent Acquisition teams.
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Proven track record of leadership within CAx domain including
- New Product Introduction process development and deployment
- All CAx methods, tools and processes
- Broad understanding of various OEM Vehicle New Product Introduction NPI processes
- Good understanding of BoM processes
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Recognized qualification related to your domain (preferably degree level or above),
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competences
Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions
Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends where needed to meet deadlines and company goals.
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.