Battery Technology(Slurry & Tape Casting): R&D Technician
We are looking for a Research and Development Technician to run the manufacturing of our ceramic tape casting activities and some of the cell assembly. This position executes the slurry formulation, preparation, analysis, tape-casting of ceramic components, lithium-ion battery cell assembly, and cell packaging in the Fisker Battery R&D group. The candidate should have experience with slurry formulation and preparation, ball milling, shear mixing, rheology, pH measurements, Hegman gauge, tape casting, freeze drying, lithium metal handling, ultrasonic welding, electrolyte filling, cell sealing, and assembly. Ideally, the candidate should have experience with lithium-ion containing ceramics and various fabrication methods related to lithium-ion batteries. The candidate should be capable of working cross functionally with Application Engineering, Materials Development, Testing, and Process R&D functions of Fisker Inc. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Slurry formulation and preparation including rheology, quality control and mixing and coating operations related to lithium-ion component manufacturing.
- Handling and processing of lithium metal in inert atmosphere.
- Electrode coating and fabrication on current collectors.
- Cell assembly and welding, electrolyte filling, and cell sealing.
-Translate customers’ requirements into engineering specifications to develop electrodes that meets/exceeds customer’s performance, cost and quality requirements.
- Manufacturing method development and characterization methods, including in-line monitoring of ceramic battery components.
- Drive innovation and improvements in electrodes energy density, cell design and cost.
- Drive best practices in lean manufacturing and critical parameter development.
- Benchmark Fisker batteries and design against competitor offerings.
- Benchmark Fisker electrodes and design against competitor offerings.
- Plan and track projects to assume timely completion and achievement of project goals. Report progress to leadership in timely basis